Businesses with expansion plans for 2018 may need a share of more than 5 million meant to help accelerate growth and development of the rural economy in the Leeds City Region.

The funding is accessible to assist the roll-out of new infrastructure which inspires business to progress and diversify.

Grants are available in three key areas: business development, food processing and rural tourism infrastructure.

Investments which will be supported include people that encourage tourists to come, to remain seated longer as well as waste your money in rural areas, and also help for businesses seeking to grow or diversify, including farmers looking to move into non-agricultural activity.

Companies within the food processing sector could also be eligible for support to get new equipment or new buildings.

The funds are being proposed by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development that’s administered by way of the Rural Payments Agency in partnership with the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.

Grants are available to purchase, normally, 40 % with the valuation on assembling your shed with applicants likely to fund the remainder of the 60 % through other sources. The minimum size a grant is 35,000.

Roger Marsh OBE, Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership chair and chair from the Leeds City Region European Structural and Investment Funds SubCCommittee, said: “Rural business is a critical method of obtaining jobs and growth, with 136,000 persons in the area Region employed in tourism-related businesses alone.

“At this occassion of the year many business leaders make possibility to review their ambitions for the following Yr and we are longing for receiving applications for exciting projects which deliver growth and jobs.”

Applications towards the fund must be submitted after May.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here